At Premier Pediatrics, we take pride in the coordination of your care.
At Premier Pediatrics, we take pride in the coordination of your care. Depending on your insurance company, some require patients to obtain a referral from their primary care provider in order to see a specialist. Our Referrals Coordinator will carefully assess your physician’s orders and will be more than happy to help you find the specialist needed for your child. If needed, please call our office to schedule an appointment with the doctor to assess your child and obtain a referral, please call us at 949-733-2800.
Once we have received your request for a referral or a referral from one of our providers, our referrals coordinator will find the specialist to refer you to. Please be aware that it may take about 7-10 business days for the referral to be approved. After contacting the specialist and being approved, our referrals coordinator will call you back to let you know that you have been approved, as well as giving you all the information needed to schedule an appointment.
It is the responsibility of the insurance holder to obtain a referral, prior to taking their child to a specialist. We cannot guarantee a paid claim to the specialist for retroactive referral requests. Please contact your insurance carrier for information regarding claim denials or verification regarding specialist designation.
Divorce, Separation and Custody Agreements
- We believe that such matters should not enter into a child’s medical treatment.
- The individual who is requesting medical treatment is responsible for the payment of the medical bills. We are not a party to your divorce agreement, you are. We will collect co-pays and deductibles from the attending parent.
- “Joint Custody” means that each parent has equal access to the child’s medical record. Without a court order, we will not stop either parent from looking at their child’s chart or obtaining their child’s test results.
- We will not call the other parent for consent prior to treatment
- We will discuss with the accompanying parent information pertinent to the child’s history and/or present exam.
- We reserve the right to charge an administrative fee for copying records should the requests become excessive.
- Should the issues that come between parents become disruptive to our organization, we will discharge the patient from further treatment.